Southeast Asia forum

21 days to kill

• gots2travel

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've just got done doing northern thailand, laos, vietnam and cambodia and now have an extra 21 days to kill before returning to the islands of southern Thailand. I'm thinking of heading to Borneo in Malaysia and Bali in Indonesia for some diving and surfing but not sure if that will fill up 21 days completely. I really want to go to sipadan in borneo to dive but beyond that I'm flexible. More or less just looking for some adventure travel outside of typical sightseeing. Any recommendations?

#1 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 17:07

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Adventure travel outside typical sightseeing, 3 weeks including Sipaden ... OK, how about Sumbawa? Extreme surfing in the south and superb diving and snorkeling in the north around Moyo Island. Off the beaten track because few tourists actually stop there en route between Flores from Bali.

Otherwise Komodo is very good for diving, lots of manta rays. You can certainly do day dive trips there with dive shops in Labuan Bajo and there are probably dive liveaboards which go there too.

#2 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 03:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.