Southeast Asia forum

Budget Accomodations in South Korea

• ima221

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong spot, as I could not find where to ask questions about Korea. I am going to SE Asia for 3.5 months, and will be spending the first 2 weeks in South Korea. I am concerned about the prices there compared to the rest of my trip.

Has anyone stayed in a cheap place that they'd recommend in South Korea?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 22:01

• Advertisement

• dano_b

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

Where will you be in Korea?

In most cities, the most "budget" you will find is the "love motels" at around 40-50,000won (45-50$) per night. If you are traveling in a group, hotels with ondol (where you sleep on a floor mat) is the cheapest way to go because you can cram more people into one room.
    In Seoul, budget accommodation is harder to find, but still there. When I am in Seoul, I stay at Sae rim Hotel. It's 50$ per night and in a terrific location. Depending on the room you get, some are really clean and nice, while others are a little grungy. There are other hostels and cheap hotels around as well. In Seoul, love motels tend to be pricier.

Another option is the jimjilbang, which is a bath house. At some of them, you can soak in the bath and then you are given a robe and a blanket and can stay overnight. You have to look around more to find these, but it's a cheap option as well.

#2 Posted: 1/7/2010 - 08:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Budget accomodations during Christmas in Phu Quoc? ... By jackieanddavid on 17 Sep 2007 2 1926 25 Sep 2007
South Korea near end of Nov ... By soomei on 6 Sep 2014 2 447 14 Sep 2014
South Korea: An introduction ... By somtam2000 on 1 Feb 2013 0 2600 1 Feb 2013