Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Budget Accomodations in South Korea

Posted by ima221 on 30/6/2010 at 22:01

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong spot, as I could not find where to ask questions about Korea. I am going to SE Asia for 3.5 months, and will be spending the first 2 weeks in South Korea. I am concerned about the prices there compared to the rest of my trip.

Has anyone stayed in a cheap place that they'd recommend in South Korea?

Thanks!

#1 ima221 has been a member since 19/6/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by dano_b on 1/7/2010 at 08:29

Where will you be in Korea?

In most cities, the most "budget" you will find is the "love motels" at around 40-50,000won (45-50$) per night. If you are traveling in a group, hotels with ondol (where you sleep on a floor mat) is the cheapest way to go because you can cram more people into one room.
In Seoul, budget accommodation is harder to find, but still there. When I am in Seoul, I stay at Sae rim Hotel. It's 50$ per night and in a terrific location. Depending on the room you get, some are really clean and nice, while others are a little grungy. There are other hostels and cheap hotels around as well. In Seoul, love motels tend to be pricier.

Another option is the jimjilbang, which is a bath house. At some of them, you can soak in the bath and then you are given a robe and a blanket and can stay overnight. You have to look around more to find these, but it's a cheap option as well.

#2 dano_b has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.