Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Discount airlines for flights around SE Asia

Posted by jordan on 4/11/2010 at 07:56

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to South East Asia in December. I am thinking to fly roundtrip to Bangkok (from Los Angeles), but want to spend my time divided between Thailand and Vietnam (possibly stopping in Laos or Cambodia for a couple of days on route). I will have a little under a month, so want to expedite the trip with a few flights around the region.

So far I have looked at Air Asia, but am having trouble comparison shopping on local flights. What airlines should I look at, and are there any aggregators (like Travelocity, Orbitz, etc) that cover that area? Any other tips to save?

Some example flights I am considering are things like Bangkok -> Chang Mai, Bangkok -> Hanoi , Hanoi -> Hue, HCMC -> Bangkok.

Thanks,
Jordan

#1 jordan has been a member since 4/11/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 4/11/2010 at 12:20

It's hard to beat Air Asia for prices, especially if you book online and a week or two in advance (Promo Fares). The other Thailand-based budget airline to look at is Nok Air, and in Vietnam check out Jetstar.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Posted by Captain_Bob on 4/11/2010 at 12:21

And if you want to browse Air Asia fares 15 days at a time go to http://www.airasiaplus.com

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Posted by jordan on 8/11/2010 at 01:34

Very cool, thanks. If I am planning to take 3-4 'local' flights is it usually cheaper to book them individually, or is there some kind of grouping/unlimited flight plan that may be worthwhile?

#4 jordan has been a member since 4/11/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by jeremyisaaclee on 8/11/2010 at 03:12

http://adioso.com/

#5 jeremyisaaclee has been a member since 8/10/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.