Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Spontaneous trip to Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia/Burma?

Posted by Thetraveler on 6/1/2011 at 11:01

Hi fellow travelers.

I'm a Norwegian currently in Hong Kong and I have 25 days left before my plane leaves Kathmandu back to Norway. I did not have time to do any planning before my trip so I've figured out where to go while traveling. Which has been fun, but has it's stressing moments, like now. I do not know where to go next.

The Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia region looks really interesting, but I have no Visa and not much knowledge on the region. I really enjoy sunny, warm, cheap places with interesting people (Spiritual people particulary). Ancient ruins can be of interest too. I prefer to stay abit away from too touristy places/cities though.

If anyone can give me a few tips about how I should move forward and how to best experience this region without having to pay a fortune for my onward travel to Kathmandu before 31.st of jan It would be great :)

I will take a food break now and keep reading about the region on the site here. Love the nice amount of good information!

Best Wishes,

#1 Thetraveler has been a member since 6/1/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.