Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

18 year old in need of advice!

Posted by spacecowboy on 7/1/2011 at 12:22

Hello.. I've avidly been reading through threads on this site and have finally got round to setting up an account and making a thread!

Basically, i'm going on a trip with a friend which is constricted to just over two months!
This is my plan so far, and i would really appreciate any constructive criticism!

Bangkok- 3 days
Chiang Mai and surrounding areas - 10 days

Fly to Hanoi

Hanoi - 3 days
Halong Bay - 3days
Hue- 4 days
Hoi an- 3 days
Nha Trang- 4 days
Saigon 4 days

Phnom Penh-4 days
Siem Reap- 3 days
+ maybe Battambang and Sihanoukville- 2 days each

Koh Phangnan- 5 days

At this point my mate is leaving me and i'm free to explore! Really keen to head down to Bali and trying my hand at surfing lessons and generally exploring, anything else i should look into doing?

Thanks

#1 spacecowboy has been a member since 7/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by francesstella on 8/1/2011 at 09:40

Hey! Well done, you've got a great plan laid out. I did a similar trip 2 years ago and your itinerary/timetable looks really realistic.

The only thing I can think to say is: keep flexible. For example, we visited Pai (near Chiang Mai) on a whim and ended up staying for over a week. Other places weren't as inspiring and I left after a day although I'd expected to stay longer. You'll play it by ear once you get there.

Have a fantastic time!

FSH

#2 francesstella has been a member since 16/2/2009. Location: Italy. Posts: 95

Posted by LeChron on 9/1/2011 at 04:25

Sounds like a plan mate, you'll have a great time!

Enjoy!!

LeChron

#3 LeChron has been a member since 7/1/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 45

Posted by spacecowboy on 10/1/2011 at 07:33

Thanks guys, you've made me feel so much more confident about the trip now ha!

#4 spacecowboy has been a member since 7/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by LeChron on 11/1/2011 at 03:05

truss me mate, you've got nothing to worry about you seem like you got your head screwed on, you've got a great plan and of course you dont have to follow it exactly but it gives you a good idea and piece of mind I guess.

have a good one mate! ; )

#5 LeChron has been a member since 7/1/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 45

Posted by laquanglam on 11/1/2011 at 11:01

Posted from within Vietnam.

come to sai gon, I'll introduce to you about my city.

#6 laquanglam has been a member since 11/1/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by caseyprich on 11/1/2011 at 11:50

Looks like a great itinerary - just want to suggest that youmay want to go out to the Mekong Delta towns (Can Tho) for at least one nightoutside of Saigon. You may even want tospare some time to do a home-stay in the area. Though Saigon is interesting I think it is the Delta towns where you get a better feel for the place.

#7 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.