Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Peaceful, beautiful, ACCESSIBLE beach wanted! Does such a thing exist?

Posted by Prestwich on 9/1/2011 at 16:38

Hi everyone. I need some help.

My girlfriend and I have a 5-day window and we want to find a quiet beach to relax on somewhere in Asia. We're looking for peace, quiet, and good weather at the end of January.

As we have such a short time-frame, we're ideally looking for somewhere that is easily accessible from the major airports - we're travelling from the UK and don't want too many internal flights/trains/ferries that will eat into our vacation time once we arrive in the country.

I am open to any suggestions of locations in Asia...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#1 Prestwich has been a member since 17/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by MADMAC on 9/1/2011 at 19:08

It's axiomatic that the closer you are to international airports, the more crowded and built up pleasant beach areas will be. I would recommend Phuket, which isn't that quiet but nice and perhaps you can get a direct flight from England (although I'm not sure if they are still offered).

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by goonistik on 10/1/2011 at 08:23

If you are willing to go to the Philippines, I'd say

Northern Palawan (Coron/Busuanga)
Bohol
Cebu

There are probably more options like Iloilo

There are direct flights into Cebu from other Asian cities like Bangkok, so you can skip having to pass through Manila. You might have to take a few hours to travel to the northern tip or southern tip of the island.

Palawan and Bohol are just 1 flight away from Manila.

There is this island resort (bit pricey) on called Isla Naburot on Guimaras.
http://islanaburot.multiply.com/

Isla Naburot is a back-to-basics experience. There is no electricity on the island.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 10/1/2011 at 09:54 TF writer

Phuket has an international airport and the island's dozen or so beaches are just a taxi ride away. The weather is great in late January and, though this is still the island's peak season for tourism, there are still some relatively quiet beaches.

The northern beaches are the nearest to the airport (10-15 min. away) and also the least developed. Check out the Naithon to Mai Khao section for reviews and accommodation listings.

Another idyllic spot is Ya Nui Beach which has great snorkeling and a rustic charm - there's no resort scene here!

If you tell me your budget, I can give you some specific recommendations, or you can explore TravelFish's Phuket content online for yourself.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by eastwest on 10/1/2011 at 11:14

I'd go for Khao Lak. Close enough to Phuket to use the airport but far enough to be really quiet and peaceful.

#5 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.