Southeast Asia forum

Peaceful, beautiful, ACCESSIBLE beach wanted! Does such a thing exist?

• Prestwich

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2009

Hi everyone. I need some help.

My girlfriend and I have a 5-day window and we want to find a quiet beach to relax on somewhere in Asia. We're looking for peace, quiet, and good weather at the end of January.

As we have such a short time-frame, we're ideally looking for somewhere that is easily accessible from the major airports - we're travelling from the UK and don't want too many internal flights/trains/ferries that will eat into our vacation time once we arrive in the country.

I am open to any suggestions of locations in Asia...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#1 Posted: 9/1/2011 - 16:38

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It's axiomatic that the closer you are to international airports, the more crowded and built up pleasant beach areas will be. I would recommend Phuket, which isn't that quiet but nice and perhaps you can get a direct flight from England (although I'm not sure if they are still offered).

#2 Posted: 9/1/2011 - 19:08

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

If you are willing to go to the Philippines, I'd say

Northern Palawan (Coron/Busuanga)
    Bohol
    Cebu

There are probably more options like Iloilo

There are direct flights into Cebu from other Asian cities like Bangkok, so you can skip having to pass through Manila. You might have to take a few hours to travel to the northern tip or southern tip of the island.

Palawan and Bohol are just 1 flight away from Manila.

There is this island resort (bit pricey) on called Isla Naburot on Guimaras.
    http://islanaburot.multiply.com/

Isla Naburot is a back-to-basics experience. There is no electricity on the island.

#3 Posted: 10/1/2011 - 08:23

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Phuket has an international airport and the island's dozen or so beaches are just a taxi ride away. The weather is great in late January and, though this is still the island's peak season for tourism, there are still some relatively quiet beaches.

The northern beaches are the nearest to the airport (10-15 min. away) and also the least developed. Check out the Naithon to Mai Khao section for reviews and accommodation listings.

Another idyllic spot is Ya Nui Beach which has great snorkeling and a rustic charm - there's no resort scene here!

If you tell me your budget, I can give you some specific recommendations, or you can explore TravelFish's Phuket content online for yourself.

#4 Posted: 10/1/2011 - 09:54

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'd go for Khao Lak. Close enough to Phuket to use the airport but far enough to be really quiet and peaceful.

#5 Posted: 10/1/2011 - 11:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
where is a beautiful and quiet beach in thailand? also we can dive? ... By meda on 24 Mar 2009 2 2766 30 Mar 2009
Beautiful, remote beach in or around Bali? (scuba would be fab too) ... By freerangehuman on 26 Feb 2011 8 4138 19 Sep 2011