Southeast Asia forum

Help - Title & Sex wrong on Air Asia ticket..do we need to change?

• sidewinder

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 7

Despite booking our flight (Bangkok - Saigon) in November, it is only today that I have noticed that on the booking, my girlfriend, despite having her name right, is listed as a 'Mr' and 'male'.
    I would imagine it happened when I was booking and I forgot to fill a field in, and it would have gone back and reset everything else on the form and I didn't notice, quite a common occurrence on Air Asia's terrible website.

I've tried changing it online but to no avail. Is it going to be something that stops her getting on the flight?
    Online I get an error when trying to change it, and the only UK phone number goes through to AirAsia X while we're flying Thai Air Asia, not that I could speak to anyone anyway when I did phone.

Should I phone their Thai office? Or go somewhere at Bangkok airport? (we arrive there a day before our flight to Vietnam) Or just chance it and argue it was their mistake when I check in?

Our outbound flight is Economy Promo, return is just Economy. I understand there are more restrictions on changes with Promo flights, but with something so simple, would they do it?

#1 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 23:43

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

It could potentially cause a problem - and airlines usually charge a fee to change these details. (It cost me $50 once on Air NZ to change the name of a friend from her married name to previous name, as per her passport).

I would suggest asking Air Asia directly using the online Live Help facility. I have this useful for quick info in the past. They probably won't sort it out for you but will at least advise what you need to do, if anything. (Go to the AA homepage, and half way down on the left side, in the How Do I..? section, click on the link for Get Live Help).

#2 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 02:26

• sidewinder

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks Lizzy.

Both times I have tried live help it has said it was offline, but I will try tomorrow at a point where it is definitely business hours in Asia

#3 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 08:26

• sidewinder

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

For anyone that is in a similar situation, they did eventually change this for me, with no charge :)
    I submitted a feedback form on Tuesday and this morning (Saturday) I received an updated confirmation. So took a while but I'm happy.

Also found that their Twitter presence is quite helpful if you cant contact them through traditional means - www.twitter.com/askairasia

#4 Posted: 22/1/2011 - 22:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SE Asia in ~7 weeks, what would you change? ... By Agriff on 25 Sep 2013 12 1048 29 Sep 2013