Southeast Asia forum

2 months SEA

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

Hello there..I am planning my first backpack trip to SE asia this april. I am planning to go for 2 months. Im thinking about

1.thailand (4 weeks)
    2-3 days bangkok
    3-4 days chiang mai
    5-6 co phi phi
    not sure about the rest.....maybe u got a few good suggestions..id like to see nature, temples etc.

2.laos (1 week) (luang prabang)
    3.cambodia (1 week) (angkor wat not sure what else)
    4.vietnam (2 weeks) (hochi ming-hanoi and northwest vietnam)

my question is. is this trip possible in 2 months time or will i be too often on the road. maybe u got a good suggestions for me. do u think the time i assigned to each area is good?

#1 Posted: 24/1/2011 - 01:33

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

You''ll be on the road a lot.

4 weeks Thailand is fine. 4 weeks for the rest seems too ambitious if you plan to do all overland.

I would suggest to choose between 3 alternatives:
    - end your Thailand time in the north, visit Luang Prabang and northern Vietnam
    - end your Thailand time in center or east, visit Cambodia and southern Vietnam
    - visit Thailand then Laos and Cambodia and make a sort of loop.

Vietnam is a huge country and two weeks is too short to cross the whole country without flying.
    Given your interest I'd say go for option 3.

good luck.

#2 Posted: 24/1/2011 - 10:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.