Southeast Asia forum

SE Asia for 2 1/2 months

• arivas27

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2011
    Location United States

Hello Everyone,
    so I'm planning to travel to SE Asia at the end of February. I will start off in Bangkok and end up in Sydney Australia in Mid May.

I travelled to Thailand last June and visited: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Samet, Koh Phi Phi and Phuket.
    So i'm going back to Thailand and the rest of SE Asia and needed advise as to places to go to?? Since, I've already done some main places in Thailand am I missing other places to go to?
    I want to go to Cambodia, Vietnam and Indonesia. but don't know what places to visit

Cambodia- Angkor Wat
    Vietnam- Ho chi minh, Hanoi
    Indonesia- Bali
    Malaysia-??

I want to maybe relax more and do more Islands... please advise...
    Is 2 2/12 months gonna be enough? I'm mostly planning to fly to places further away. But starting off in Bangkok and finishing in Sydney. I want to do 1 week in sydney. So I have 9 weeks to travel through SE Asia.
    I'm a lil scared but more excited about the whole trip. This is my first solo trip to SE Asia. I saw a lot of females doing this last year, so figured it shouldn't be too scary right?

#1 Posted: 25/1/2011 - 14:20

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Scary? Whatever this place is, it isn't scary - except for the traffic.

#2 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 01:19

• arivas27

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2011
    Location United States

Yes, I know it's not scary. I've been to Thailand already and felt pretty safe. It's just the thought of doing a solo trip is a lil scary, but otherwise more excited then anything else. Something to look forward to.

Just wanted advise as to places I should visit.

#3 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 15:29

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

You could consider coastal Cambodia if you want something new.

From Angkor you can head south to Phnom Penh and on to Kampot . In Kampot you will find plenty of single backpackers for a bit of laid back socializing. Then you have a choice between Sihanoukville, which has some islands similar to the Thai islands or Kep, a quiet coastal town.

After Cambodian coast you could go to Phu Quoc in Vn. That route is more well known now so you shouldn't feel too lonely. Then slowly work your way through Mekong delta to HCMC.

That route should take you roughly 3-4 weeks at a leisurely pace

#4 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 15:48

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

If you want what I think is an interesting adventure - you might try working your way from Khemmerat up the Mekong on the Thai side all the way to Nong Khai and then cross into Laos and go back down on the Laos side. Ought to give you a nice contrast.

#5 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 21:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.