Southeast Asia forum

SouthEast Asia 9 weeks

• keoghangel

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

Hi Travelfish Readers,

Need advice, myself and my bfriend are doing round the world trip and we will be spending 9 weeks in SEA. The plan is as follows:

Fly into Bangkok -- stay 2 nigths
    Fly to Hanoi (spend 1 night), upto Sapa (2 nights) and back to Hanoi, then work our way down the Vietmenese coast (overland) -- prob take 2.5 weeks including Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, HCMCity and the Mekong Delta
    Then into Cambodia (overland) to Phemon Penh and onto Siem Reap including Angkor Wat, then heading north through Cambodia into Laos (2 weeks -- prob spend 4 days in Angkor Wat)
    Laos -- Four thousand islands and onto the Bolaven Plateau, then fly from Pakse to Vientiane(can we fly? I have looked up online but conflicting reports regarding flying between Pakse to Vientiane)
    Over land to Luang Prabang and northern Laos (2.5 weeks in Laos in total)
    Then onto northern Thailand -- Chaing Rai and Chiang Mai, then fly from here down to Phuket for 10 days around the islands
    Then flying 3rd Sep to Hong Kong -- 4 nights in HK -- then flying to Auckland

Any advice/suggestions would be great!!! Are we packing in too much in 9 weeks?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 17:41

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Six weeks in Southeast Asia, what shall I do? ... By HexagonalBolts on 19 May 2011 11 5900 23 May 2011
Southeast asia in ~7 weeks ... By pedrorf94 on 3 Aug 2013 6 996 4 Aug 2013
Southeast Asia in two weeks ... By angiulet on 18 Jan 2011 8 6555 20 Jan 2011
southeast asia for 5 weeks ... By slemien on 22 Feb 2011 34 9614 22 Apr 2011
5 weeks in Southeast Asia ... By SaltwaterGem on 4 Jan 2013 7 1700 5 Jan 2013
6 weeks in southeast asia ... By cassrose on 13 Sep 2009 6 7973 15 Sep 2009