Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Weather in Laos / north of Vietnam July / August & beaches in the north of Vietnam

Posted by stefanovic on 19/12/2006 at 17:15

During July and August 2007 I would like to spend 4 or 5 weeks in Laos and the north of Vietnam. But I have still 2 questions about that trip:

- What about the weather conditions? I know that it is the raining season in Laos, but is it still sunny most of the time or are there clouds all over the day? Is it possible to do trekkings, make boattrips, etc.? And what about Vietnam (Ha Long bay and possible beaches for example)?

- My girlfriend likes to spend a week or so in a nice beach region to relax and do some snorkelling. Is there such a region in the north of Vietnam? Hue and surroundings is a bit too far away from our planned route...

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

#1 stefanovic has been a member since 19/12/2006. Posts: 7

Posted by tails101 on 20/12/2006 at 01:24

Hi Stefan,

The weather in Laos at that time of year is variable - you will sometimes get a day of solid rain, but these are quite unusual. Most of the time you'll get a downpour in the afternoon and the rest of the day is dry, although often overcast. However you do occasionally get beatiful sunny days too. Plus going at that time of year, you can take advantage of low season prices - eg aircon rooms in L/P for $10/night etc...

I don't know about Vietnam as much - as I've only been for 4 days last August. The weather though was overcast, but mainly dry... We had one day of beautiful sunshine too.

Just watch out for the horns! The vietnamese seem to honk them whenever they overtake, anytime day or night!

Enjoy your trip!
Mark.

#2 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.