Southeast Asia forum

Help on Planning!

• sandman666

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2011

Hi guys, Im new in this forum.
    I wanted to know your opinion on this journey I'm planning for next march. I arrive at Bangkok on March 1st and return on march 26th afternoon:

Tuesday 1 Thailand - Bangkok
    Wed 2 Thailand - Bangkok
    Thursday 3 Thailand - Bangkok
    Friday 4 Bangkok -> Siem Reap
    Saturday 5 Cambodia - Siem Reap
    Sunday 6 Cambodia - Siem Reap
    Monday 7 Cambodia - Phnom Penh
    Tuesday 8 Cambodia - Phnom Penh
    Wed 9 Vietnam - HCM City
    Thursday 10 Vietnam - HCM City
    Friday 11 Vietnam - Mekong Delta
    Saturday 12 Vietnam - Mekong Delta
    Sunday 13 Vietnam - Hoi An
    Monday 14 Vietnam - Hoi An
    Tuesday 15 Vietnam - Halong Bay
    Wed 16 Vietnam - Halong Bay
    Thursday 17 Vietnam - Hanoi
    Friday 18 Vietnam - Hanoi
    Saturday 19 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
    Sunday 20 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
    Monday 21 Thailand - Phuket
    Tuesday 22 Thailand - Phuket
    Wed 23 Thailand - Kho Phi Phi
    Thursday 24 Thailand - Kho Phi Phi
    Friday 25 Thailand - Kho Phi Phi
    Saturday 26 Thailand - Bangkok

What do you think??

Thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 04:17

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Sounds exhausting. I prefer a more relaxed pace and to spend more time in a few places rather than jump from country to country.

#2 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 13:25

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Don't forget travel times and means. Eg going from Hoi An to Halong Bay is a multi-stage journey...

'sheeed

#3 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 22:59

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Way too much moving, way too little experiencing and enjoying - if you ask me, which you did. I would eliminate two out of the three countries here and start over with a new travel plan.

#4 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 23:57

• sandman666

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2011

Thanks for your opinion!

I also think i'll be quite exhausting, but perhaps its our only opportunity to go that side of the world!

So, the idea was to get rid of the jet lug 2 full days in Bangkok, then travel to Siem, stay there 2 full days, then to Phnom (dont know why...) and continue to Saigon. There I was willing to go to Mekong Delta on a tour (appreciate your advices on this).
    Back on Saigon, take a flight to danang and bus to hoi an. Then again, bus to danang and flight to hanoi. A couple of days between there and Halong Bay and then...
    The original plan was going to Luang Prabang. But it takes so much time by land and a lot of money by air. The second plan was going to Chiang May in Thailand, but flight times covered almost the holes day. And the third plan, and the cheapest one, is flying to Kuala Lumpur.
    Once there, I want to take a sight on the city before going to the beach. Its our honeymoon, so she goes backpacking with me in exchange of a couple of days to relax on the beach.
    So, we have 5 full days to go wherever the seas take us...

Thats the explanation. Anyway, I'd be relaxed if I can get 2 more free days. Which ciy would you jump?

#5 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 04:06

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Based on your current plan and your last post, I'd skip Kuala Lumpur. I don't see the need to travel to Malaysia just to visit KL.

#6 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 09:29

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Personally it's too much bouncing around for me. But if it works for you, that's all that counts. Just remember that when traveling by bus that's a real time eater. It's not a fast mode of movement out here.

#7 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 10:42

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I loved Hoi An but not a must see. But there is a big beach there. That could help out with the lady during the day. The place is small. Beach a few hours in the morning. Eat nap. Go around town in the eve to the many spots to eat and drink. Or skip the town and add that to the other places and have more time to travel slowly.

#8 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 18:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.