Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Southeast Asia itinerary advise

Posted by dknee on 13/2/2011 at 02:39

Hello, My girlfriend and I are landing in Bangkok in early March and returning home from there in late May. Just looking for itinerary advice. We would like to see Northern and Southern Thailand as well as Loas and Cambodia and maybe a trip to vietnam and Indonesia. When is the best times for these places. I know its smoky in North Thailand in March and then its real hot and rainy. Would you suggest the south islands first or up north before the heat and rains come. Thanks.

#1 dknee has been a member since 13/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by southeastasia on 17/2/2011 at 16:13

Actually, I am don't really know much about other countries like Thailand, Laos's weather. But in Cambodia i am very sure that from March to May is very hot. For what to see / do in Cambodia are:
7Days-6Nights: Siem Reap - Preah Vihear - Kampong Thom - Phnom Penh
14Days 13Nights: Phnom Penh, Ta Keo, Kompot, Sihanouk Ville, Kirirom, Battambang , Siem Reap
21Days 20Nights: Phnom Penh, Kompong Cham, Mondulkiri, Kratie , Ta Keo, Kompot, Sihanouk Ville, Battambang, Siem Reap
28Days 27Nights: Phnom Penh - Takeo - Kampot - Sihanouk Ville - Battambang - Siem Reap - Kampong Thom - Kratie - Mondulkiri - Phnom Penh

I hope you like the trip that listed above though.

Need more help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy Travel
BEN

#2 southeastasia has been a member since 17/2/2011. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 3

Posted by Thomas922 on 17/2/2011 at 17:17

March to May....say 10 weeks? All of that? Are you nuts or a newbie? OK. Don't get mad mate. But That is an awful lot. You will live on buses, trains, and whatever else you choose.

Thailand a lil Laos and a lil Cambodia sounds better. Still a bunch but if you gotta you gotta.

#3 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: Global Village. Posts: 346

Posted by dknee on 18/2/2011 at 00:24

Thanks for the advise. I think I am going to go south to the islands for a month then to Indonesia for a month then fly back up north to loas or camodia and travel back to bankok in may. Save vietnam for next time. What about the weather in may. Any advise.

#4 dknee has been a member since 13/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Thomas922 on 19/2/2011 at 18:48

The weather in May is muggy. Hot and humid. There will be storms AND sunny days. Not to much to worry about though.

#5 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: Global Village. Posts: 346

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.