Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Help needed please! :)

Posted by cath2006uk on 3/3/2011 at 01:40

Hi
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am planning on leaving this month (March) till the end of May to travel around Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

BUT didn't factor in the scorching weather and humidity/rainy season and now I'm stuck on whether to go or not. I was really hoping you guys could suggest the best route to take in the highlights of these countries at the most pleasant times.

Thanks for any help you can provide
Thanks in advance :)

#1 cath2006uk has been a member since 3/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by caseyprich on 3/3/2011 at 11:20

If the weather is a problem do you plan to put off the trip then? If so, some areas are at their best in October/November. I've also had great weather in February, but Northern Laos, Northern Vietnam, and parts of Northern Thailand can get mighty chilly that time of year.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by exacto on 3/3/2011 at 11:39

what is plan B if you don't go? like casey says, you'll likely find better weather later in the year. but if the option is to not go, i'd say go anyway and just take your chances. you can work around the weather and find ways to cope with the heat. don't put off until tomorrow... particularly if you don't know when tomorrow may come.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by caseyprich on 3/3/2011 at 13:09

oh, by mighty chilly i mean you need jeans and fleece - i should say contextually chilly

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.