Southeast Asia forum

Martial Arts in SEA

• rduchateau

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011

I am currently living and training MMA in China. I will be wrapping up my job in China in June and looking to travel South East Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos) for 3 or 4 months before returning to the States. Looking to continue training and learn some cool sh** along the way. Thailand should be easy enough to find places to train, but haven't seen or heard of much in Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos. Anyone ever train or know anyone that has trained in SEA? Any suggestions would be sweet! MMA/BJJ/Boxing/Muay Thai/cool sh** I don't even know about.... In Vietnam this place has been suggested http://www.k1-factory.com/ Thanks ya'll

#1 Posted: 1/4/2011 - 09:21

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

There is a Muay Thai gym in Ubon Ratchathani that trains both Thai and Farang fighters. They travel all over and fight - and get paid. Some Mauy thai techniques, particularly with the elbows and knees, but have some utility in MMA, so some fighting experience in this art might carry over for you.

#2 Posted: 1/4/2011 - 16:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.