Southeast Asia forum

3 weeks in Thailand & Cambodia

• cecenav

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2011

I will be traveling to Thailand alone (I'm a female). I'm looking for any tips on where to go. I've been to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Ayuthaya and Ko Samui, so places towards the north are ideal. I only have 3 weeks in the area, but I also want to head to Cambodia. I'm having a hard time trying to plan out the best way to do this trip.

I was thinking 1 week in the north (possibly Pai and Kamphaeng Phet), then 1 week in Cambodia, and end it with 1 week (maybe less) in Ko Chang.

Any suggestions would help!!

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 12/4/2011 - 07:32

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I'm not sure if the purpose of your trip is Thailand, or SE Asia, because you could always use BKK to fly into and then opt to spend a good chunk of time in Cambodia. If you're already thinking Cambodia & Ko Chang then give yourself more time to explore Cambodia and guarantee more than a week to see the islands around Ko Chang. There are a lot of nice islands with very distinct feels around Ko Chang, you could easily spend a couple weeks bouncing around Ko Chang, Ko Wai, Ko Maak, and Ko Kut. I've heard good things about Trat as well, as a station between Cambodia and Ko Chang it is supposed to be nice for two nights.

All this will save you the travel time of going all the way to the North of Thailand and then back down to Cambodia.

#2 Posted: 12/4/2011 - 14:28

• cecenav

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2011

That sounds like a good plan. Do you recommend any places to stay in Cambodia and any cities that I shouldn't miss if I'm going there for, say a week & a half?

Thanks!

#3 Posted: 17/4/2011 - 22:01

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

Just look at the Cambodia section here on Travelfish...lots of ideas. Obviously Siem Reap for Angkor Wat for a few days. Phnom Penh for 2-3 days and that is almost a week. You can work your way south toward Koh Chang easily.

#4 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 02:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.