Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

First time travelling through southeast asia, help please! :-)!

Posted by Fisher88 on 26/4/2011 at 02:58

Hi

Myself and a friend are thinking of travelling through south east Asia. Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, thailand and Malaysia. we dont have a set time limit for each place, but playing with the idea of 3 months for all of it. We want to start at the top and work our way down and that's about as far as we have got!

What would be worth going to see whilst over there? Places to stay, visit, experience etc! Is it hard to get visas over there, or do you apply for them in advance? How expensive or cheap is it in each country?

We want to experience as much as possible culture, history, locals, relaxation, places off the beaten track. Any help/advise would be very helpful!

Thanks all!

#1 Fisher88 has been a member since 26/4/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 26/4/2011 at 03:04

Fisher I would suggest you start having a good look around the website - there is loads of info here about all the countries that you mention. Also troll through the forum to read what other people have done. It's a bit hard to advise you when we know nothing about you (age group, interests, etc).
I would suggest that you start here: http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/ to get an idea of suggested itineraries. At the bottom of each page is an indication of travel times between destinations which is also useful to help plan your trip.

Select the Places option at the top and you will see separate sections on each country. In there, you will find a link with info about visas, etc.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.