Southeast Asia forum

Vietnam, Cambodia in July

• lachiec

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2011

Hey guys

Me and my friend are travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia for the whole of July. Were 20 and havent been to SE asia before and were hoping we could get some itinerary tips!

We havent made any bookings except for our flight into Hanoi on the 1st and out of Siem Reap on the 28th. Please post if were making any rookie mistakes.

1. Arriving in Hanoi for 2-3 nights

2. Halong bay/Cat Ba island for 2 nights

3. Sapa for 1-2 nights

Fly to Hue

4. 1-2 nights in Hue

5. 2-3 nights in Hoi An

6. 3-4 nights in Nha Trang

Fly or train to Saigon

7. 2-3 nights in Saigon

8. 3 nights on Mekong - Can tho, Chau Doc

Boat to Phnom Penh

9. 2-3 nights in PP

10. Sihanoukville? Sen Monorom?

11. 2-3 nights in Siem Reap.

Our main query is whether we should try and spend more time in Vietnam or if we should get the most out our foray into Cambodia? I have read Sen monorom is great for experiencing elephants if you dont have time for thailand but the beaches and islands around sihanoukville look amazing. Are they better than the ones in Vietnam or just more of the same?

Thanks for your help! :)

#1 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 17:54

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.