Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

My 3 week trip to Thailand and Cambodia.

Posted by Fixman on 31/5/2011 at 10:20

I got invited to be a guest in a competition on Pattaya from the 22 to the 29 of July, and I was thinking of extending the trip another three weeks.

My original itinerary is:

6 days and 6 nights in Bangkok (30 July to 4 August)
1 day in Sukhothai (5 August)
4 days and 5 nights in Chiang Mai (5 to 9 of August)
4 days and 4 nights on either Phuket of Ko Phi Phi (10 to 14 of August)
2 days and 2 nights in Ko Phi Nga, and attending the Full Moon Party (14 and 15 of August)
5 days and 6 nights on Siem Reap, in Cambodia (16 to 21 of August)
1 day and 1 night on Bangkok (22 August)

I never traveled to Southeast Asia before, and I was wondering if this itinerary was good, or you would change some things of it.

Also, I plan on using a whole day of Bangkok to visit Ayutthaya.

I calculated doing all the long-distance traveling on buses.

By the way, I'm a 19 year old male, if that makes any difference.

#1 Fixman has been a member since 29/5/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by Thomas922 on 1/6/2011 at 00:29

Add one of the nights from BKK to the beach times. Also at the end add a day to Bangkok. You won't regret it. Rest up and do last minute shopping or eating before flying out. You won't need that long in Siem Reap...but don't let everyone make major changes based on their needs. What your doing is OK. At 19 we have ideas of what you may like and you will find folks to hang with and all your plans could go south. So pick out the most important stuff and stay flexible.

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.