Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

HongKong-Macau travel tips

Posted by gauravbhatia81 on 31/5/2011 at 11:23

Hello,
I am planning a trip to HK & Macau coming August end or September.
Coming from Singapore and plan is to stay for 4Days in HK and then 1 day in Macau and
return to Sgp from Macau.

Appreciate any suggestions for the same. Thanks

#1 gauravbhatia81 has been a member since 31/5/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by caseyprich on 31/5/2011 at 17:09

Your usual guidebook gives great advice on HK; Kowloon Temple Night Market, Soho bars on HK Island, some good spots to visit, however I find the information at the site I linked below to be spot on for a cheap way to entertain yourself - very good maps provided:

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/promotions/greatoutdoors/eng/html/hikings/hikings_peak.html

Dragon's Back Trail was as great morning and catch the bus down to sleepy Shek O village for a late lunch.

I also say that Lamma Island was a fun excursion for the better part of the day.
Llama

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by Thomas922 on 1/6/2011 at 00:23

The big Buddha was a good excursion for me. ALSO, take one of the buses to the south side of Lantau island. Just get off in a village and take pics. It is like another world. You will forget that you are in a city. There are 260 odd islands you know!

#3 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: Global Village. Posts: 346

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.