Southeast Asia forum

HongKong-Macau travel tips

• gauravbhati-
    a81

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2011

Hello,
    I am planning a trip to HK & Macau coming August end or September.
    Coming from Singapore and plan is to stay for 4Days in HK and then 1 day in Macau and
    return to Sgp from Macau.

Appreciate any suggestions for the same. Thanks

#1 Posted: 31/5/2011 - 11:23

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Your usual guidebook gives great advice on HK; Kowloon Temple Night Market, Soho bars on HK Island, some good spots to visit, however I find the information at the site I linked below to be spot on for a cheap way to entertain yourself - very good maps provided:

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/promotions/greatoutdoors/eng/html/hikings/hikings_peak.html

Dragon's Back Trail was as great morning and catch the bus down to sleepy Shek O village for a late lunch.

I also say that Lamma Island was a fun excursion for the better part of the day.
    Llama

#2 Posted: 31/5/2011 - 17:09

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

The big Buddha was a good excursion for me. ALSO, take one of the buses to the south side of Lantau island. Just get off in a village and take pics. It is like another world. You will forget that you are in a city. There are 260 odd islands you know!

#3 Posted: 1/6/2011 - 00:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.