Southeast Asia forum

2 Month in Indochina

• travelfelix

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2011

Dear Friends,
    I am going to Indochina from the 2nd of August til the 3rd of October. I know it is monsun-time, but since I am a student, I don’t have a choice. My research on the Internet and in some travelbooks. My Tour should include the major sights, awesome nature and some rural areas to get to know the people.

The detailed plan:
    VIETNAM: hanoi, Sapa
    LAOS( about 2 Weeks): Luang Prabang, Vang Vien, Vientiane, Pakse Boot bis Don Khong
    CAMBODIA( about 2 Weeks): Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Krati, Sen Monorom
    VIETNAM( About 4 Weeks, buying a Motorbike in Saigon and drive it on the HCMT to Hanoi): Saigon, Da Lat, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Hue, Halong Bay, Hanoi

Before you get worried about me and the Biking-part: 1 year ago I was driving through South-India for 4 weeks and did 4000km, so I should get along :) !

MY QUESTIONS:
    1. Is there a city/area with a major sight or natural beauty I should miss in these 3 countries?
    2. Especially I am looking for some adventures in the nature and porbably see some big-game. Are there any national-Parks or adventurourus aktivities you can recommend?
    3. Any advices for the Bike part? Amazing Roads?
    4. I want to get a Sak Yant in Cambodia, done by a monk. You know a place to get?

many thanks in advance!
    Felix from Hamburg, Germany

#1 Posted: 15/6/2011 - 16:08

• Advertisement

• travelfelix

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2011

nobody? :(

#2 Posted: 17/6/2011 - 04:13

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Erm... I don't know the answers to questions 2 to 4. Question 1 - I assume you mean "shouldn't miss"? That's such a big question - it depends what you like. But you've got a good spread in your itinerary and driving in Vietnam will give you a fantastic view of the country.

#3 Posted: 17/6/2011 - 09:50

• Boomtown

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2010

hey mate, ive only been to thailand and laos but in laos i visited LP > VV and Veintine. Wouldnt reccomend to long in Veintine as i could find too much to do at all. 2 nights is sufficient in my opinion.

#4 Posted: 17/6/2011 - 18:15

• Boomtown

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2010

hey mate, ive only been to thailand and laos but in laos i visited LP > VV and Veintine. Wouldnt reccomend to long in Veintine as i could find too much to do at all. 2 nights is sufficient in my opinion.

#5 Posted: 17/6/2011 - 18:28

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Felix,

For biking you're going to be hard pressed to get someone to recommend a biking bath during the rainy season. In Laos the Bolaven Plateau was great, but I have trouble recommending someone on vacation to do it when it is rainy.

Though Thailand isn't on your itinerary, i've also heard that the around Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand has some great biking but having tried it personally.

Check out this site: http://www.gt-rider.com/, it is for motorbike riders but I've done some of their paths on a rented 120cc Scooter.

#6 Posted: 22/6/2011 - 20:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.