Southeast Asia forum

Travelling SE Asia starting November require some help

• lottie01

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2011

Hi,

i have deicided to go travelling in souteast asia around about November time and was wanting to visit Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Malaysia, i have no set timeframe for how long i will be away for, but was wondering whats the best route to go..... would it be best to go as Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Malaysia or can you recommend another way. once ive decided on what countries i'll be visiting in which order. i'll slot the cities and areas i wish to visit.

thanks for any help :)

#1 Posted: 15/6/2011 - 19:07

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Best to check this website first. It gives plenty of examples of routes with some excellent ideas.
    Another major point is your budget. Without enough money any itinerary or suggestion is worthless. This site also has some good articles on budgetting

Which countries to visit and in what order is completely up to your interests and your budget.

So, check this site thoroughly and then post some more specific questions on this forum

#2 Posted: 15/6/2011 - 20:24

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 50
    Places visited:
    At least 43

Another option would be to zig-zag; fly into Hanoi go to Southern Vietnam then into Cambodia, back north through Laos and from Northern Laos cross into Northern Thailand and work your way down to BKK then the Thai Islands and finally south into Malaysia.

You could do something similar with a flight into Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) then heading north to Hanoi across into Laos then south to Cambodia - then over to BKK . . . then you'd have to go up to Northern Thailand and double back down to Malaysia.

Honestly though . . . it's probably cheapest to fly into BKK . . . but if you stop in Hong Kong first you can probably get a cheap flight to Hanoi or Saigon.

#3 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 07:32

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I for one say start in BKK if you are a newbie. It is an easy introduction to SeAsia. Start there and work your way north up into Laos. As the others said, there is no perfect way because of how the countries are situated. Know this though. Try to plan at least one good flight. If you go Thailand to Laos to Cambodia to Vietnam and end in the north...Hanoi to Bangkok and work south from there. Or that flight could be from Saigon. Or go back through Cambodia at the bottom and go through Trat. If you are not worried so much money wise....make a basic circle without hard plans and take your time.

#4 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 11:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.