Southeast Asia forum

How Long do I need

• emily2310

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2011

Hey, I am off travelking early oct, and I have 6 months in Asia. My plan is to go to North Thailand, Laos, Vietnam then Cambodia where I am hoping to volunteer for 3 weeks in Phnom Penh, so will only really have the weekends free over that period. I then want to be in southerm Thailand for around Xmas, as meeting friends. I have 10 weeks in total, 3 of which will hopefully be volunteering. Is this enough time, tosee everything, I don't mind if its rushed as in not chilled, cause I have the next 8 months to chill!. I just don't want to miss out on things, and arrange to meet my friends and volunteer if this is the case.

Any advise would be fab!.

Thanks

Em. x

#1 Posted: 15/6/2011 - 19:17

• Advertisement

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

You have 6 months for SEAsia right? look at your callendar and lock in any dates and places that are musts. Such as meeting your mates. Start a general plan from Bangkok and look at others routes.You will never see everything so get that out of your head. Study your guidebooks and routes and land with a loose plan. You will stay some places longer than others. You could spend a month in each of the 4 locations mentioned first and still have 2 months left. Time wise you are fine. Worry more about having extra funds,emergency funds, insurance, at least 3 different types of currency (credit card/US Dollars/Travelers Checks/etc.) Don't change any money until you land in BAngers as far as your home currency to Baht. The rate in country is best.

#2 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 11:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.