Southeast Asia forum

My route, what do you guys think?!

• peejglynn

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2010

Hi All,

My girlfriendand I are planning a 3 month trip, possibly even longer by a couple of weeks.
    We will startin India, do the golden triangle for 3 weeks and then arrive in Bangkok in Oct.
    We plan tocover some of Northern Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia in 2 months andwant to end up down south in Dec around ho chi minh or pnohm pen as we will beflying to Australia to live for a year or two so we can catch a cheap flightfrom there to Singapore then Oz.

I would bevery grateful for any suggestions/thoughts on our intended route…if anyonethinks we should visit anywhere else that is near by please say so! (On averagethis works out to be about 4 nights in each place, obviously we may only spenda night or two in some places and spend longer in others)

Here is ourintended route:
    Bangkok toChiang Mai
    Chiang Mai –Pai
    Pai – ChiangRai
    Cross intoLaos, head to Luang Prabang by slow boat
    Luang prabang – Vang Vien(we then intend to head to northern Vietnam, starting in Hanoi. Is it worthheading to Vientiane ? Also I heard of a nightmare bus journey from Vientiane toHanoi, its 24hrs so I might consider a flight which is €130 but only takes anhour. What are you guys opinions on this??) Is there any where else that’s niceto visit in northern Laos?Head to Vietnam (Hanoi first)

Hanoi –Halong Bay
    Halong bay –Hue
    Hue –Hoi An
    Nha Trang – Dalat
    Dalat – HoChi Minh
    (Is there anynice Islands to visit for a few nights in Vietnam?)

Ho Chi Minh –Phnonh Penh
    Pnohn Penh – Sihanoukville
    Sihanoukville– Siem Reap (Angkor)

At the veryend of the trip we intend to travel back to either Ho Chi Minh, Pnohm Penh orBangkok to get a flight to Singapore. (Whatever works out cheapest)

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 7/7/2011 - 18:28

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.