Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Union Pay ATM card in SE Asia?

Posted by kjkiwi on 24/7/2011 at 06:20

I am currently living and working in China, and I'll be heading off on a four-month trip around Laos, Vietnam, Nepal and India soon. I have a Bank of China ATM card that I can't use outside China, but I've heard that Union Pay is accepted in other countries. Can anyone tell me if they have used a Union Pay card in Laos, Vietnam, Nepal or India? I will be travelling to these countries in a couple of months and I need to know if I can access my funds...

If not, can anyone suggest the best way I can travel with the money I've been painstakingly saving for the last six months??

[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#1 kjkiwi has been a member since 24/7/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by caseyprich on 25/7/2011 at 01:43

No personal experience - but a friend used his Union Pay (Agricultural Bank of China) to get funds out of an ATM in Saigon. I've had it work in BKK before, but saw no Union Pay signs when I was in Southern Laos this last time.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by boopolo on 19/8/2011 at 21:57

there are various union pay atms in vietnam. i used bank of china.
Not all atms have union pay but you wont have truble finding one.
agriba bank or something like that lets you withdraw the most.

im going to laos in a few days time and want to know the same answer there too.

#3 boopolo has been a member since 19/6/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.