Southeast Asia forum

Hanoi to Ko Phag Ngan in 1 day

• melee75

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

So I'm planning to go to the Full Moon Party on August 14 and am trying to figure out how quickly I can get from Hanoi to Ko Pha Ngan , in one day if possible.

On August 13 (one day before the party) using Air Asia I know I can fly from Hanoi to Bangkok and get it at around 11am. From Bangkok I can fly into Surat Thani arriving at 3:30pm.

My question is how to get from Surat Thani to Ko Pha Ngan after 3:30pm. I've been researching this but havent found anything concrete saying I can do it.

Am I cutting it too close? Also does the fact that it's Full Moon make it any harder?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

#1 Posted: 26/7/2011 - 10:49

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"how to get from Surat Thani to Ko Pha Ngan after 3:30pm"

There's a Bus/Ferry counter in the arrivals area of the Surat Thani airport. It's about 80km by road to Don Sak pier and last ferry is usually 6pm

#2 Posted: 27/7/2011 - 23:29

• melee75

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

Do you think I'll be able to make it to the pier by 6pm? 80km is kinda pushing it, no?

#3 Posted: 5/8/2011 - 23:06

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

By the time you deboard and get your pack (assuming you don't just have carry on), it will likely be around 4. It will likely be tight, but maybe... Can't you just fly on August 12?

#4 Posted: 5/8/2011 - 23:40

• melee75

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I can fly on the 12th to Bangkok but there's no more flights to Surat Thani that day. Will probably need to take a train or bus from Bangkok that day to get there on the 13th.

Do you think getting a train or bus will be a problem since its full moon party?

#5 Posted: 6/8/2011 - 06:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.