Southeast Asia forum

Tours

• bex_nz00

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2007

Hi there,

I am planning on doing some travelling around Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam (around 3 months altogether) and was hoping to include an organised tour in 1 (or more?) of the countries to meet people and to take the pressure off a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at Intrepid and G.A.P Adventures which seem okay. I don't want to pay too much and want it to be as basic as possible. Is it possible to book these kind of things with local operators on arrival? Or is it best to have it all sorted well in advance with a Western provider?

Any advice or experiences would be great!

#1 Posted: 31/1/2007 - 10:02

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi bex_nz00,

The possibilities are endless. There's probably a million-and-one tour operators to choose from throughout the region so you'll have no difficulty organising something whilst your out there.

There's plenty of info to be found on this site so go make yourself a nice cup of tea/coffee/beer and have a surf..................

Enjoy
    steviej

#2 Posted: 31/1/2007 - 22:27

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're after a basic (and I assume cheap) operator, you're best waiting till you are in the region. There's nothing international agencies can do that local operators can't do as well -- in many cases the international companies just outsource there work to local operators!

#3 Posted: 1/2/2007 - 07:18

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey bex_nz00,

Kia Ora mate! There are quite a few half day and one day tours you might want to consider too. My two favorites are the half-day trips to Pak Ou Cave and the waterfall out of Luang Prabang in Laos. They are really great value for money, and a good place to meet other travellers and exchange information too.

#4 Posted: 1/2/2007 - 10:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.