Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary advice, please

• Lcjorgen

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2011

Hello everyone

This is my first post on travelfish. Great forum. Thanks for keeping a resource like this alive.

Well I have booked a flight into Saigon on Oct 25 and a flight out of Hanoi on Dec 24. My itinerary vaguely looks like this at the moment:

Week 1-Saigon/ possibly another area to the east/north
    Week 2- Mekong delta
    Week 3- Angkor/ possibly somewhere else in Cambodia along the way
    Week 4- Thailand( thinking national park/relaxed Buddhist town)
    Week 5- meet a friend in Bangkok and get out fairly quickly heading north
    Week 6&7-Laos
    Week 8- Hanoi for flight home

Does this look like a reasonable itinerary. I like to leave things pretty vague( more plans more problems is my philosophy)

My friend will arrive on the 4th(?) of December and fly out with me from Hanoi on the 24th. Is that too much to cram in during those three weeks?

Also my budget is about 1600$US. reasonable right? I figured it would be fine especially because I am traveling with another person for the last stretch.

Please and thankyou everyone.

#1 Posted: 21/9/2011 - 08:50

• Advertisement

• Lcjorgen

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2011

Any recommendations on spots to hit or if I'm making a dire mistake is of course appreciated.

#2 Posted: 21/9/2011 - 08:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.