Southeast Asia forum

Suggestions needed!! Itinerary has to change due to Typhoon Nesat

• Connor83

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2011

Hello Im long time reader first time poster, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Myself and my girlfriend have been in Thailand for about 15 days now. We flew into Bangkok, stayed 2 days and headed south to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
    We had planned on heading north up to Chiang Mai completely unaware of the floods. So when we arrived in Bangkok by bus we went to get our over night train only to find it had been cancelled.
    We had planned to go to Chiang Mai then head through Loas and into Vietnam. Hanoi all the way down the coast to Ho Chi Minh and up into Cambodia and back into Thailand. Very vague I know, but we were just kind of making plans as we go!! Now we are in Bangkok, we have 45 days left in our trip with a budget of about 30 euros a day each. I think most of the places we have mentioned seem to be off limits, and according to the news there is more heavy rain expected.

Can anybody give us any ideas of what to do??? We are willing to completly change our plans???

#1 Posted: 1/10/2011 - 18:49

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

The forecast I've got suggests that weather in Laos will be good for the next few days at least - I'm not sure what the flooding situation is like there at the moment though. But you might be able to get a bus / train from Bangkok to Vientiene and travel from there. Or fly to Hanoi - no flooding here! Not yet anyway. The storm that everyone was so worried about last week didn't really hit and the weather's been lovely today. Or head back south again...

#2 Posted: 2/10/2011 - 18:17

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Just saw your other post about this in the Thailand forum - sounds like you don't need to change your plans. Hope it works out.

#3 Posted: 2/10/2011 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itinerary change (need Help) ... By Carrelas on 4 Jul 2010 1 836 4 Jul 2010