Southeast Asia forum

6 Months in SE asia

• Lenwe

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2011

Hi Everyone,
    I'm planning to spend approximatly 6 months in SE asia next year and I was thinking of dividing it up to about a month for each country. I'm thinking a the moment of:

2 weeks - Malaysia
    2 weeks - Thailand
    1 month - Burma
    1 month - Thailand
    1 month - Laos
    1 month - Cambodia
    1 month - Vietnam

I will be flying in to singapore and plan to be travelling overland for most of the trip (except flying to/from Burma). I think I have most of the trip planned in where I want to go and the transport. The only area i'm not sure of is the 2 weeks in thailand in which I will be travelling from Malaysia to Bangkok. I was thinking of spending:

3-4 days on Ko Lipe / Adang and
    1-2 days Ko Bulon Lae
    but I am not sure where to go after that.

Any one have some suggestions for this leg. I will be starting in March/April next year. Or any thoughts on the time in each country

#1 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 06:26

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Sounds like a pretty good plan, but don't "over plan" you may want to spend less time in some places and more in others, but you seem to be on the right track. Consider weather conditions, visa requirements, money issues etc.

#2 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 06:26

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Yep - this is a good rough outline to take care of visas at least. What's the purpose of the trip? To just chill?

#3 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.