Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

6 Months in SE asia

Posted by Lenwe on 14/10/2011 at 06:26

Hi Everyone,
I'm planning to spend approximatly 6 months in SE asia next year and I was thinking of dividing it up to about a month for each country. I'm thinking a the moment of:

2 weeks - Malaysia
2 weeks - Thailand
1 month - Burma
1 month - Thailand
1 month - Laos
1 month - Cambodia
1 month - Vietnam

I will be flying in to singapore and plan to be travelling overland for most of the trip (except flying to/from Burma). I think I have most of the trip planned in where I want to go and the transport. The only area i'm not sure of is the 2 weeks in thailand in which I will be travelling from Malaysia to Bangkok. I was thinking of spending:

3-4 days on Ko Lipe / Adang and
1-2 days Ko Bulon Lae
but I am not sure where to go after that.

Any one have some suggestions for this leg. I will be starting in March/April next year. Or any thoughts on the time in each country

#1 Lenwe has been a member since 14/10/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by altmtl on 14/10/2011 at 06:26

Sounds like a pretty good plan, but don't "over plan" you may want to spend less time in some places and more in others, but you seem to be on the right track. Consider weather conditions, visa requirements, money issues etc.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by MADMAC on 14/10/2011 at 10:33

Yep - this is a good rough outline to take care of visas at least. What's the purpose of the trip? To just chill?

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.