Southeast Asia forum

Where to be for the holidays?

• tj2002

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2011

Im setting off on my solo tour of Thailand, laos, vietnam and cambodia on the 5th December and will be away for Christams, NYE and my birthday. Now I don't normally give a crap about the holidays (apart from my birthday) but want to try and be somewhere lively for them.

I'm probably going to be crossing into Laos in the 2nd week of my trip so will probably be there for Christmas. If I set off to Vietnam around boxing day time where would be a good place to be situated for NYE? Looking to be somewhere lively preferably.

I'll be heading south through Vietnam and then into Cambodia and thinking of Shiankouville for my birthday at the end of Jan before meeting my brother in Bangkok and heading to Ko Samui and Ko Phanang.

I've done very little planning and am looking forward to this trip evolving as I go but would like to have a rough idea where I'll be for these dates.

Cheers for you're advice guys!

Dom

#1 Posted: 18/10/2011 - 19:50

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Don't travel too fast!!

Vientiane for Xmas, Hanoi for New Years, and Sihanoukville for your birthday.

Just consider the crossing from Laos into Vietnam could be extremely tricky around this time of the year.

#2 Posted: 18/10/2011 - 22:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.