Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Where to be for the holidays?

Posted by tj2002 on 18/10/2011 at 19:50

Im setting off on my solo tour of Thailand, laos, vietnam and cambodia on the 5th December and will be away for Christams, NYE and my birthday. Now I don't normally give a crap about the holidays (apart from my birthday) but want to try and be somewhere lively for them.

I'm probably going to be crossing into Laos in the 2nd week of my trip so will probably be there for Christmas. If I set off to Vietnam around boxing day time where would be a good place to be situated for NYE? Looking to be somewhere lively preferably.

I'll be heading south through Vietnam and then into Cambodia and thinking of Shiankouville for my birthday at the end of Jan before meeting my brother in Bangkok and heading to Ko Samui and Ko Phanang.

I've done very little planning and am looking forward to this trip evolving as I go but would like to have a rough idea where I'll be for these dates.

Cheers for you're advice guys!

Dom

#1 tj2002 has been a member since 14/9/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by chinarocks on 18/10/2011 at 22:51

Don't travel too fast!!

Vientiane for Xmas, Hanoi for New Years, and Sihanoukville for your birthday.

Just consider the crossing from Laos into Vietnam could be extremely tricky around this time of the year.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.