Southeast Asia forum

Advice for Honeymoon

• MsSparkle

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2011

I have never really planned a vacation and usually wing it. I generally have kept all my vacations relatively simple - usually one main place and 2 or 3 side trips.

For my honeymoon, we have around 3 to 4 weeks and would like to spend it in Asia with more well planned travel. We have been to Asia many times including Hong Kong, various cities in China (not the Shanghai or Beijing), Bangkok, Taipei, Seoul, Tokyo, etc. For our honeymoon, I am thinking Bali for a few days and Singapore - we would also like to go to Vietnam and Thailand. I wouldn't mind stopping by Hong Kong too.

Can anyone propose an itinerary that works or make sense?

#1 Posted: 1/11/2011 - 11:42

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

With 3-4 weeks, given the countries you mention I'd start with something like:

Bali 4 nights
    Singapore 3 nights
    Hanoi/Ha Long Bay 7 nights
    Bangkok 2 nights
    Somewhere in northern Thailand 3 nights
    An island in southern 4 nights.

It's a pretty general plan - a lot would depend on time of year and your interests.

#2 Posted: 2/11/2011 - 09:15

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Fitting in Vietnam seems a bit of a stretch in this itinerary. I’d say a natural progression would drop Vietnam and add Malaysia to the mix. I’ve been very impressed with Malaysia as a place and a stop off in KL/Malacca and maybe a few days on Langkawi could be a good addition on your way from Singapore to BKK. Then from BKK up to the North of Thailand for a little bit to get away from beach life (Chiang Mai . . . of course, way for the water to recede). If you don’t want to travel to strictly, have your date set for a BKK departure and then a buffer of a few days at nights at the end for a southern island – but with the option to squeeze those out during your trip if you find a place you’d like to spend some extra time in.

#3 Posted: 2/11/2011 - 09:41

• Siya

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2011

Its great that you are visiting so many places, why not you give a 5 days for each place you will get to enjoy each place properly.Rest also depends on your interest and mood.

#4 Posted: 30/12/2011 - 02:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.