Southeast Asia forum

Suggestions for an 8 month trip.

• wanderlust1-

Joined Travelfish
    24th November, 2011

Picture the scene if you will. A girl and her friend, dying of uni-work related stresses, decide to procrastinate from the essays at hand and start discussing their 8 month backpacking trip around Asia to begin at the moment of graduation.

Where do you think we should go? Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos are musts. How much time in each place? And where else is a must do? We are both quite experienced travelers and not looking for anything to 'moon-party-esque'.

Thanks for any advice :) and happy travels.

#1 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 14:22

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/ - this is the best advice I can give -:)

#2 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 16:34

• wanderlust1-

Joined Travelfish
    24th November, 2011

Thanks, but we're after some personal recommendations. What people really loved, where they wished they'd stayed longer. That sort of things :)

#3 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 17:34

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Honestly, wish such a broad question, I usually refer people to the trip planner as well - you need to start out by doing a bit of your own homework (an awful though I guess when you are up to your eyeballs in essays!) You don't tell us anything about your travelling interests so it's hard to know what to recommend.

Seriously my best advice is to trawl through the forum to see what grabs your attention. Then go through the trip planner to see how you can work it all in. Then you are in a position to come back to the forum with some more practical questions that we can help with. (This is exactly what I do). Also, I don't' particularly want to spend the time putting together my own essay on my favourite things only to have it dismissed as stuff that's completely off track in terms of your own interests/budgets/etc. Besides, I have already written about many of them here previously. You just have to go and find them. :-)

People are on the forum are happy to help with specifics, but not necessarily to put your travel plans together for you.

#4 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 18:07

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Right again busylizzy - :)

#5 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 18:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.