Southeast Asia forum

So much choice so little time!

• mattspeak

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2010

Hello – firstly, thanks for reading.

I'll keep it quick – I'd love to get everyone's thoughts on where I should go this Xmas seeing as how there's just soo much choice – AirAsia makes any part of SE Asia possible!

Off to KL on the 19th Dec. Have 3 weeks. Living in Manchester (UK) sunshine is a bit of a novelty... so I'd quite like to guarantee sunshine. I know that the W.coast of Thailand is your best bet but I came to Thailand last winter.

Where can we go that's...

- Near guaranteed sunshine (I know this isn't definite, but I just don't fancy being in a storm every 2 days - (i know that they're cool, but sometimes you just need sunshine!)
    - Paradise, my other half hasn't been to white sands and palm trees
    - A bit of a backpacker vibe, but nothing like Phuket, Phi Phi etc - so if anything its just the type of accommodation we would choose.
    - Under $40ish on a flight (if needed)
    - Xmas / NYE... enough for there to be a party... we're 26 so we'll still like a good time, just not a shitty UV-clad party with 10,000 pissed gap year kids (no offence intended!)!

Thought about Indo - any suggestions where would be the driest part?

Thanks for your time and thoughts, it's really appreciated.

Matthew

#1 Posted: 25/11/2011 - 03:09

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

The Phillipines?

Boracay could tick some of your boxes above, although you may need to spend more than $40 on a flight to the Phillipines from KL.

#2 Posted: 25/11/2011 - 04:06

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

Most of it this time of year will be dry and farely sunny througout the day. I suggest somewhere like Koh Lanta. Here Phi Phi is a day trip away. There is a chilled party vibe with csome cool bars. But, nothing on the likes of Haad Rins hideous full moon party. No offence intended :)

#3 Posted: 23/12/2011 - 03:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.