Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary

• Sunryze

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2011
    Location Canada

Hi all! I am travelling thru SEA for 3 months, arriving in Bangkok. I do know that I am doing diving lessons in Ko Tao from Jan 3-7. After that I am wondering which direction is the best to take to see Possibly.... Thailand Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Burma. I really need some input that would help with me doing limited back peddling but more of a smoothish forward motion. I fly out of Bangkok in April so it would be ok to leave Thailand till the end :) Thanks for your help!

#1 Posted: 5/12/2011 - 14:00

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

It depends on if you want to see a lot or really get into a few locations. Either way, you may find Burma difficult to fit into the schedule (you still have to fly in correct?) so you may consider the classic big loop. Enjoy the island and diving in Ko Tao at the start of the trip and then into Northern Thailand after a few days in BKK - then work your way over to Laos and check out LP, VV and environs before heading over land to Northern Vietnam. At that point you go the length of Vietnam and then through the Delta into Cambodia. Start off with PP and the beaches of Cambodia and end in Siem Reap with Angkor. Depending on the time you have left you could head over to Trat and Ko Chang for a little more time before flying out of BKK - or head north back int Laos so that you can see Southern Laos - Si Phon Don, Bolaven Plateau - and head back to BKK from there . . . again, unless time permits at which point you could check out some of Isan before returning to BKK. On the return if you do it overland you'd have two weeks in Thailand so you could save some locations around BKK to visit on return.

Only reason I don't recommend Burma is because I haven't been - though you could find a way to squeeze it into the schedule you'd have to hurry through some parts.

And of course; http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/

#2 Posted: 5/12/2011 - 17:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.