Southeast Asia forum

I know this seems lazy but..

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Which is the best website to use for getting a flight from Ventiane to Hanoi ?? The reason I'm posting a thread is that I have spent the last few hours reading through travelfish and looking it up through other websites, the cheapest flight I could find was over £100... I suspect this is because that is what the cheapest flight costs, but I just thought I would double check that I'm not missing anything. So has anyone else found flights between Ventiane and Hanoi for cheaper?

I'm stuck on my itinerary generally... I was going to (after travelling through Chiang Mai and the region) travel from the north to the south of Laos, then into Vietnam and immediately south to HCMC before crossing Cambodia into Thailand again, but this completely skips out the whole of north Vietnam, and I really don't want to miss Sapa / Hanoi / Halong bay.
    The only way I can think of including these is to fly to Hanoi from Ventiane (therefore skipping the whole south of Laos) and travelling down to HCMC by train (stopping at various places such as Hue and wherever else I feel like at the time). BUT this means I miss the south of Laos which I don't want to do. My mind isn't thinking straight as I've been going in circles for the last few hours so I apologise if I am missing a very obvious solution :/

Obviously this is all subject to change when I actually get there, I just like to have an idea of the various routes I could choose and research them so I don't feel lost when I get there.

:)

#1 Posted: 10/12/2011 - 16:45

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I use sites like SkyScanner and Adioso to find out the different airlines that fly the route, and then go to the websites of those airlines to check out prices. I usually find the price is a bit better on the airline websites.

Otherwise check out the usual budget airlines (Air Asia, although I'm pretty sure they don't fly that route; JetStar, etc)

#2 Posted: 10/12/2011 - 18:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.