Southeast Asia forum

weather concern

• wolfiehogan

Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2012

hi guys
    this is a brilliant site and there is so much good information on it, i am planning a trip to include the usuals thailand laos cambodia, vietnam and even some islands, im am planning to do this trip from mid june and will be there for around 10 weeks. my worry is that as i am going in wet season, what countries should i try and see first to get the best off the weather(if that makes any sense)also which direction should i travel to use my time best. thanks for any advise

#1 Posted: 21/2/2012 - 16:42

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

If you go to the main page for each country (eg Places -> ) there is a Weather link at the top of each page that will give you some of the info you are looking for and can help you work out a plan.

There is also a cool interactive weather map for Thailand (http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php)

#2 Posted: 21/2/2012 - 16:56

• KevandJho

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2011

June is defintley not the best time to travel to your aformentioned places.

Check out this link that I've found to be helpful regarding weather and travel....

http://www.thebesttimetovisit.com/weather/wheretogoinjune.php

thebesttimetovisit.com

Cheers!

#3 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 23:51

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It's going to rain man. No getting around that. As Liz says, check the weather data on each place and you can try to work around it. But you're going to get wet.

#4 Posted: 25/2/2012 - 02:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.