Southeast Asia forum

Planning a Trip to S.E.A...

• anothaussie

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2012

Hi all, I have read through many of the posts and undoubtedly as this post progresses i am going to ask some of the same questions others have, if not all of them but any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Australia, 24yo and my girlfriend and I are planning to go back-packing through S.E.A. We have spent some time in Vietnam, Bali and Thailand over the last 2 years but not as backpackers. Long story short we have no planned period of time away we just want to go and see where the trip takes us, that said some help with planning a rough as guts route would be fantastic. Please help us with any information you can.

#1 Posted: 4/3/2012 - 21:07

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I'm afraid if you want good advice, you've got to be more specific. Otherwise people will tell you what they would do. What are your likes, dislikes? What do you want to do while here? What do you want to see? Is there are purpose or are you just coming to chill out? Are you interested in hanging out with other westerners in the backpacker scene or are you interested in getting away from white faces and going native? There are a lot of potential variables and before someone can give you sound advice, it helps if you steer them a bit first.

#2 Posted: 5/3/2012 - 02:01

• anothaussie

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2012

Thanks for the reply. Were pretty easy going, as i said time isnt going to be an issue so we want to see as much as we can. Want to get a good mix of cultural things aswell as "touristy". Will be keen to hang out with other westerners aswell as spend some time away in more remote areas. There is no real purpose to the trip, i will be doing abit of study but otherwise its more of a chance to get away and see some more of the world whilst we still can.

#3 Posted: 5/3/2012 - 19:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.