Southeast Asia forum

Traveling with a 17-year old

• deespyder

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2010
    Location Thailand

Hello everyone! I am a Filipino working inThailand for 6 years now. I will be traveling by train from Bangkok toSingapore. I absolutely do not have any problems with anything because I havebeen a backpacker for quite sometime now.
    My real deal now is a bitdifferent. I will be traveling with a 17-year old Thai. I have a lot of Thaifriends and one of them asked me if their son can go with me to Malaysia andSingapore. So I said "yes" until realizing that he was still 17 yearsold.
    Would it be an issue if I will be traveling with him? I am 31 yearsold. Would there be any problems in the borders of Malaysia and Singapore? Itried to find some information on the internet but the more I browse, the moreI get so confused... I hope somebody could give me some enlightenment... Thanksa lot!
    By the way,we will be traveling on April 18-23...

#1 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 06:20

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

Pre,

In general, you will need to show some kind of letter/authorization to show that you are responsible for the minor and that parental consent has been given.

I suggest you contact the Singaporean and Malaysian embassies to find the exact documentary requirements for your situation.

#2 Posted: 8/3/2012 - 00:55

• deespyder

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2010
    Location Thailand

ok, i'll do that. thanks a lot. i already contacted the Thai consulate and they said travelers aged 15 above can travel alone. but i guess i would have to contact the other two embassies.

#3 Posted: 8/3/2012 - 19:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.