Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Traveling with a 17-year old

Posted by deespyder on 7/3/2012 at 06:20

Hello everyone! I am a Filipino working inThailand for 6 years now. I will be traveling by train from Bangkok toSingapore. I absolutely do not have any problems with anything because I havebeen a backpacker for quite sometime now.
My real deal now is a bitdifferent. I will be traveling with a 17-year old Thai. I have a lot of Thaifriends and one of them asked me if their son can go with me to Malaysia andSingapore. So I said "yes" until realizing that he was still 17 yearsold.
Would it be an issue if I will be traveling with him? I am 31 yearsold. Would there be any problems in the borders of Malaysia and Singapore? Itried to find some information on the internet but the more I browse, the moreI get so confused... I hope somebody could give me some enlightenment... Thanksa lot!
By the way,we will be traveling on April 18-23...

#1 deespyder has been a member since 27/8/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Posted by goonistik on 8/3/2012 at 00:55

Pre,

In general, you will need to show some kind of letter/authorization to show that you are responsible for the minor and that parental consent has been given.

I suggest you contact the Singaporean and Malaysian embassies to find the exact documentary requirements for your situation.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by deespyder on 8/3/2012 at 19:36

ok, i'll do that. thanks a lot. i already contacted the Thai consulate and they said travelers aged 15 above can travel alone. but i guess i would have to contact the other two embassies.

#3 deespyder has been a member since 27/8/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.