Southeast Asia forum

Planning 4 months is SE Asia with 4 yr old.

• sunchild

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2012

We will be travelling from Sept to the end of Dec avoiding heavy tourist areas and looking for laid back cities and villages. Low key is our goal without much "if it's Tuesday we must be in Singapore" agenda. We love the beaches, markets,foods and people, and some of the ruins though I am most interested in the current cultural life. My spouse will need time to work via internet and I will have our 4 yr old to keep occupied. We spent a month in Bali last yr mostly off the beaten path and I speak some of the Indonesian language. We will Start in Indonesia and finish in the Philippines.
    We'd appreciate any similar experiences shared!
    Heidi

#1 Posted: 15/3/2012 - 12:51

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hi there - I don't have children so can't really offer advice in that area, but just wanted to point out another sub-forum on this site that you might have missed:
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/topic/travelkids

There might be some stuff of interest there. :-)

#2 Posted: 15/3/2012 - 14:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.