Southeast Asia forum

Trip suggestions

• waverunner

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2012

Hey fellow travelers,
    I'm 24 y.o. female travelling solo. That will be my first exotic solo travel so I'm really excited also a little scared :)
    I'm in a stage of planning and I'm looking for advices.
    I'll travel for around 30-40 days and I'll start on 2 Nov. in Bangkok, my final destination is Ha noi. In Thailand I'll visit Bangkok for 4 days (take a day trip to ayutthaya) then I'll go via airplane to Chiang Mai and stay there for 2 days, then I'll take the bus back to Bangkok. I want to visit Koh Samet for a few days. After that I'm heading to Cambodia, I read really bad reviews about the boarder crossing but I think with all the advices on the net I'll manage. My next stop will be Siam Reap for 3 days, bus to Phnom Penh 3 days. I'm thinking of taking the speed boat to Ho chi minh. I know that the boat interesting way to cross the boarder but is it worth it? After that I'll travel with train to Nha Trang, Hue and finaly Ha noi. I want ot visit Sapa and Halong while I'm there.
    I think that November-December is good time to visit Thailand and Cambodia, but I'm not sure for north Vietnam? Also the language barrier concerns me, can I buy bus and train tickets in English?
    So do you have any suggestion, maybe places that I've missed?
    Thanks.

#1 Posted: 2/4/2012 - 01:52

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.