Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary advice needed - please help!

• greeneyes19-

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2012

Hello
    This will be mine and my boyfriends first trip to SEasia and we hoping to do the following itinerary on our own using internalflights where possible. We have one month. We only want to visit the places wehave listed, and we enjoy beaches, trying different food, wildlife and seeing afew of the sights but are not overly bothered by the temples we want to visitthem, but wouldn't spend days looking round them, we do like to have somenightlife ( but not to the extent of full moon parties)

Vietnam - (7days)
    Land at Hanoi - 2 days
    Ha long bay cruise - 2 days
    Ho Chi Min City - 2 days
    Travel to Cambodia - 1 day

Cambodia ( 9days)
    Sihanoukville - 5 days we want to spend time relaxing on the beach here
    Travel to SR by bus -1 day
    San reap - 2 days (include trip to angkor wat trip to Phnom Kulen the waterfalls) Travelto bangkok - 1 day

Thailand (12days)
    Bangkok - 2 nights
    Chaingmai - 3 nights (including 1 night / 2 day trek)
    Krabi/ Railay / ko lanta - 7 nights (end the triprelaxing on beaches)
    Bangkok flight home - 1 night

two spare nights in case we are delayed anywhere due to missed transport or illness.

Please let me know your thoughts and if we are tryingto achieve too much or missing out on things suited to us very much appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 3/4/2012 - 10:50

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

You're going much too fast... you'll spend most of your time in transit. Personally I'd skip Sihanoukville, the only must see in Cambodia is Siem Reap - (3 days) I'd spend more of your beach time in Thailand. Or more time in Viet Nam... Hoi An (shopping) & Nha Trang (beach time), especially since the visa for VN is so expensive, why waste it?

Just my opinion.

#2 Posted: 3/4/2012 - 12:50

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I agree with altmtl - there's a bit too much moving around, and time spent in the wrong places (in my opinion)./

Reduce time in Sihanoukville and add more days to Siem Reap . In fact, I'd almost suggest skipping Cambodia and spend the extra days in Vietnam. You'll find better beaches than S'ville in Thailand and Vietnam, and your time is so short in Siem Reap that it's probably not worth all the overland travel time that you will spend to get there.

There is so much more to see in Vietnam besides Hanoi/Halong Bay and HCMC (a big city) - as pointed out by altmtl above.

#3 Posted: 3/4/2012 - 14:46

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Skip Cambodia for sure on this trip. A great country but food and beaches (your stated interests) are better elsewhere. Fly HCMC to BKK.

#4 Posted: 3/4/2012 - 16:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Advice needed for Laos itinerary ... By Klozknitz on 20 Dec 2012 10 2030 2 Jan 2013
1month in SEA,Itinerary advice needed ... By seadventure on 17 Aug 2011 4 2983 20 Aug 2011
itinerary advice needed - too rushed? ... By malaysiangirl on 29 Jun 2011 5 1679 29 Jun 2011
2 weeks itinerary in Vietnam - advice needed ... By blimunda on 17 Nov 2011 9 3590 16 Dec 2011
Laos trip itinerary. Please review and advice if needed ... By v_sokolov on 27 Dec 2008 1 3231 29 Dec 2008
advice from experienced travellers for 3.5week-itinerary needed ... By SebastianX on 5 Sep 2011 6 2212 10 Sep 2011
Itinerary advice needed 22days Laos&Cambodia ... By kif on 21 Oct 2010 15 2685 25 Oct 2010
Itinerary advice needed for a 1 week visit to Laos with 2 young kids ... By skwan00 on 16 Jul 2013 5 875 20 Jul 2013
Itinerary advice needed for Cambodia, laos and Thailand - any thoughts much appreciated! ... By hjbvet on 27 Oct 2010 4 3172 31 Oct 2010
Itinerary 1 Month - Backpacking Through Thailand Laos Cambodia and Vietnam... Advice Needed :) ... By reneejordan on 5 Nov 2010 8 19561 6 Mar 2011