Southeast Asia forum

TRAVEL BUDDY/ADVICE for SE Asia, September 2012 onwards

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Hi,
    Im 22 and travelling alone, I'm leaving from London and will be landing in Bangkok in early September, I want to embrace the true backpackers experience so I will be going with no timecales or planned route but here is what I want to go,
    Thailand (north & south)
    Laos
    Vietnam
    Cambodia
    Malaysia
    Singpore
    Indonesia
    Australia
    New Zealand
    I know I will need a visa before for Aus/NZ and Vietnam so I will be applying for those while i'm out there but i'm going to just take each day as it comes and go with the flow, mainly because If I really like somewhere then I can just chill there for abit or if someone I meet is moving on then i'm not tied to anything and I can just move on with them.
    I'm not going just to party for however long i'm there, I do want to experience different foods, cultures and the way they live but I will also be going to full moon parties and day trips (diving, trekking, tours etc)
    will anyone be travelling any of the above from september onwards? if so it would be great to meet up with other travellers.
    Also if anyone has any advice this will be great.
    Thanks everyone.
    Ryan

#1 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 09:19

• Advertisement

• vancit

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2012
    Location Canada

Ryan,
    It sounds like we have very similar travel plans. I am a 23 year old female from Canada traveling to Koh Samui, Thailand September 16 and will be participating in a yoga teachers training course until October 14th. I then plan on traveling through southern Thailand and hitting as many beaches as possible. I am also a culinary graduate and looking to travel and experience the cuisine and culture of South East Asia. I am an adventurer and want to do as many activities as possible as well as some partying along the way. I want the full backpacking experience you speak of and to just go with the flow and see what happens. My plans are to hit Thailand, Malaysia. Laos, Philippines and Indonesia. I would also love to spend some time in Australia and New Zealand if I can afford to do so. I am looking to be back in Canada by the end of March early April the very latest. Let me know if you are interested in planning on

Take Care,
    Vanessa

#2 Posted: 26/7/2012 - 14:41

• vancit

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2012
    Location Canada

Ryan,
    It sounds like we have very similar travel plans. I am a 23 year old female from Canada traveling to Koh Samui, Thailand September 16 and will be participating in a yoga teachers training course until October 14th. I then plan on traveling through southern Thailand and hitting as many beaches as possible. I am also a culinary graduate and looking to travel and experience the cuisine and culture of South East Asia. I am an adventurer and want to do as many activities as possible as well as some partying along the way. I want the full backpacking experience you speak of and to just go with the flow and see what happens. My plans are to hit Thailand, Malaysia. Laos, Philippines and Indonesia. I would also love to spend some time in Australia and New Zealand if I can afford to do so. I am looking to be back in Canada by the end of March early April the very latest. Let me know if you are interested in planning on

Take Care,
    Vanessa

#3 Posted: 26/7/2012 - 14:41

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Hey Vanessa, thats sounds awesome, pretty much the same as what im doing :) i've booked my flight and leave on 2nd of Aug but staying with a friend for the first month then sept I will be on my own, its my 23rd birthday on the 11th so will be celebrating that to :)

It will be cool to talk more and meet up if were in the same area, do you have facebook or email?

Ryan

#4 Posted: 26/7/2012 - 17:55

• vancit

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2012
    Location Canada

Ryan,

I just changed my profile settings to allow private messages so you can reach me that way. Hopefully we can figure something out and arrange to meet up somewhere along the lines.

Vanessa

#5 Posted: 27/7/2012 - 13:45

• AAA123

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2012

Hey guys,

I am also a 22 year old female from Vancouver, Canada coming to Thailand solo and hopefully landing in Bangkok around October 15th (I'll be buying my flight this week). I plan to go-with-the-flow as well, I haven't decided if I will spend 2 or 4 months in SE Asia, however I am pretty much up for anything. It does sound like we have similar plans anyway.

It would be awesome to meet up and make some friends right away!

Alix

#6 Posted: 8/10/2012 - 01:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
24/f/uk looking for travel buddy from Sep 2012 onwards ... By ohhhayleybop on 6 Mar 2012 33 3858 21 Sep 2012
Starting SE Asia travel September/October, advice needed please.. ... By Steve81 on 26 May 2010 3 6062 27 May 2010
Travel buddy for 2011 onwards! ... By travelbuddy2011 on 4 Nov 2010 0 1566 4 Nov 2010
Travel Buddy Wanted May 2013 onwards ... By lk1982 on 6 Mar 2013 4 1930 7 Jun 2013
25/m to Hanoi Vietnam 3rd - 6th May 2012. would like a travel buddy ... By chris_vasanth on 11 Apr 2012 1 958 11 Apr 2012
31/m backpack tour Thailand NOV 2012 - looking for travel buddy(s) ... By dragon_at on 16 Sep 2012 6 1171 28 Oct 2012
7/M/Sydney - Thailand Dec 2012 Jan 2013 with a friend looking for travel buddy/ies ... By NeverHead on 22 Aug 2012 0 1000 22 Aug 2012
27/M/Sydney - Thailand Dec 2012 Jan 2013 with a friend looking for travel buddy/ies ... By NeverHead on 22 Nov 2012 3 1054 9 Dec 2012
South East Asia - September until Christmas - any advice please? ... By tom080181 on 18 Mar 2013 2 1489 20 Mar 2013
23/F Cambodia-Thailand-Malaysia-Indonesia June-Sept 2012, looking for female travel buddy ... By MLuna on 23 Feb 2012 8 2512 31 Jul 2012