Southeast Asia forum
Mekong Delta / Cambodia - 2 weeks itinerary help
24th April, 2012
My boyfriend and I have decided to take this last minute trip and spend two weeks in South Vietnam and Cambodia. However, we only have around two weeks and I think I am wanting to see too many places.
Below is a kind of ideal itinerary, do you think it's too much to cram into 16 days?
We can be flexible by a couple of days (still about to book the flights) and we are trying to keep the budget low so will be using river or overland transport (I am more than happy to watch the scenery and I like river trips).
- arrival at Ho Chi Minh - 2 days for the city?
- on to the Mekong Delta - 3 days?
- Mekong Delta to Koh Rong Saloem - How long does it take? Here, we would like to allow for 5 days or maybe three days plus another two at Koh Ta Kiev or Koh Russei (if this is possible within the time limitations). We really need some time to relax on the beach right now somewhere at least a little secluded. Also, I understand the rainy season still allows for a few hours of sunshine and the possibility for snorkelling / swimming etc right?
- then on to Siem Reap and the temples (with a possible stop at Battambang for a day) - so maybe 1 day Battambang + 3 days Angkor Wat?
- and at last Siem Reap to Bangkok - flying out of Phnom Pen is so much more expensive that we have decided to fly out from Bangkok. However, we will lose a day and a night this way and I am still a little apprehensive of the SR-Bangkok trip after what I've read on the forum; do you think it would be worth paying almost Â£100 more to avoid the hassle and fly out of Phnom Pen?
I know there are a lot of questions, I will be grateful for any help.
#1 Posted: 4/5/2012 - 08:49
24th April, 2012
Sorry, I forgot to add, we are planning to go in June.
#2 Posted: 4/5/2012 - 09:06
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Mekong Delta Itinerary ...||1||2489||28 Nov 2010|
|Request for Itinerary feedback, specifically Mekong Delta bicycle ...||3||505||18 Feb 2014|
|Mekong Delta and Cambodia ...||8||2683||2 Apr 2009|
|travel via mekong delta to cambodia ...||3||3266||21 May 2010|
|2 Motorbikes wanted Mekong Delta/Cambodia ...||4||620||14 May 2012|
|Overland (Mekong Delta) travel from Cambodia to Vieatnam ...||1||1935||9 May 2006|
|Mekong Delta ...||1||2503||26 Oct 2009|
|mekong delta help ...||1||2467||4 Oct 2009|
|Mekong Delta - doing it on your own ...||5||6593||18 Mar 2009|
|Mekong Delta during TET ...||5||2398||1 Nov 2012|