My boyfriend and I have decided to take this last minute trip and spend two weeks in South Vietnam and Cambodia. However, we only have around two weeks and I think I am wanting to see too many places.
Below is a kind of ideal itinerary, do you think it's too much to cram into 16 days?
We can be flexible by a couple of days (still about to book the flights) and we are trying to keep the budget low so will be using river or overland transport (I am more than happy to watch the scenery and I like river trips).
- arrival at Ho Chi Minh - 2 days for the city?
- on to the Mekong Delta - 3 days?
- Mekong Delta to Koh Rong Saloem - How long does it take? Here, we would like to allow for 5 days or maybe three days plus another two at Koh Ta Kiev or Koh Russei (if this is possible within the time limitations). We really need some time to relax on the beach right now somewhere at least a little secluded. Also, I understand the rainy season still allows for a few hours of sunshine and the possibility for snorkelling / swimming etc right?
- then on to Siem Reap and the temples (with a possible stop at Battambang for a day) - so maybe 1 day Battambang + 3 days Angkor Wat?
- and at last Siem Reap to Bangkok - flying out of Phnom Pen is so much more expensive that we have decided to fly out from Bangkok. However, we will lose a day and a night this way and I am still a little apprehensive of the SR-Bangkok trip after what I've read on the forum; do you think it would be worth paying almost Â£100 more to avoid the hassle and fly out of Phnom Pen?
I know there are a lot of questions, I will be grateful for any help.
#1 kattkaa has been a member since 24/4/2012. Posts: 6
Sorry, I forgot to add, we are planning to go in June.
#2 kattkaa has been a member since 24/4/2012. Posts: 6