Southeast Asia forum

Using a travel agent???

• Cormaicabby

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2012

were looking at traveling to southeast asia, we would like to see cambodia, vietnam, laos, and thailand. does anybody think we can go in early august because of the rain? will it be easier to book airline tickets there or in the states. do we need someone as a guide or could we pull it of ourselves? it is our honeymoon so we would like to saty in nice places. oh and we have 3 weeks, to short? please thank you

#1 Posted: 4/5/2012 - 10:01

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Three weeks is not enough to "see" Cambodia Laos Vietnam Thailand. You would be running your a$$ off the whole time. Using a cheap airline (AirAsia.com) will help connect some of the dots and is cheapest booked online well in advance, but you still need to be realistic about your time constraints. I would either keep it to just one country and relax or else fly something like Bangkok - HCMC - Siem Reap or Bangkok - Luang Prabang - Hanoi (LaoAirlines.com) and mix it up a bit. August is mid-rainy season, but I wouldn't worry about it too much - it usually just rains for a short time at the end of the day but being the tropics it can still be unpredictable / in God's hands. It sure beats the hot season March/April which can be unbearable (we just barely got through it this year). Rain can be your friend. Oh and no real need for a guide - just ask a few questions on this forum and you'll be able to piece it together, and enough people speak English wherever there is tourism.

#2 Posted: 5/5/2012 - 00:18

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I agree with the Captain... I'd stick to Thailand with a side trip to Angkor... and I'd avoid using guides & agencies. Bring along a good guidebook or download some pdf files from this site.

#3 Posted: 5/5/2012 - 14:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.