Southeast Asia forum

New to SE Asia and wanting to make the most of 10 weeks! Where's good?!

• redphoebe

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2012

My friend and I are looking to travel SE Asia in our summer break next year. We have about ten weeks and potentially around £3000 - £4000 each to play with (this to include flights)... HELP!

As two young girls travelling for the first time we would really like some recommendations of fairly safe places to visit where we can soak up the culture, feel like we're having an adventure and party along the way.. We have Thailand down as a must and would really like to visit Cambodia and Vietnam.. where else is worth a visit?

We really need recommendations of the best places to go and the best way to go about it:
    Where do we go? How long in each city? Is it worth getting involved in volunteer work? Do we plan a lot or go with the flow?

We're not too concerned about info on visas, insurance etc as we need to get a rough idea of an itinerary and transport first

Any help would be amazing, thanks!

#1 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 17:46

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

If you really want answers, ask specific questions. This sort of "I'm going to se asia tell me what to do" query is unlikely to drum up m/any responses.

#2 Posted: 22/6/2012 - 03:29

• pedroander

Joined Travelfish
    28th May, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi My G/F and I are currently travelling in the areas you mentioned. I am unsure of what the costs from home to Asia will cost. We spend about $35 AUD per day on average for accommodation , travel by bus and train and food. We stay in hotels and guest houses mainly. We don't plan much just see what falls our way. One great touristy place was Dalat ( Vietnam ) but was cold. The best advice is to ask other travellers you will bump into so don't plan too much. Also we get our visas organised before we get to the borders. It is cheaper and faster. Have fun and stay safe. Peter

#3 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 09:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
19 y/o female leaving for SE asia july 5th! wanting somebody to go with. ... By scl on 15 Jun 2010 0 1457 15 Jun 2010