Southeast Asia forum

Another intinerary q.....sorry,

• withshoeson

Joined Travelfish
    31st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

Ok. So I am about to book flights for mid July- mid oct , but I need to know if my itinerary is possible, or to crammed, anything I should take out or put in. I’ve planned for 35-45AUD a day and a 600AUD fund for visa’s, Halong and Angkor. And a credit card for the odd flight. Good planning?
    I will be doing the normal loop.
    Cambodia- 2 Weeks
    Siem Reip, Battambang, Phnom Penh, Sihonoukville, Kampot
    Vietnam- 3.5 weeks
    Saigon, Dalat, Na Trang, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Mai Chau
    Laos- 2 Weeks
    Vieng Xai, Sam Neua, Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, Vientiane
    Myanmar 2 weeks
    Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, Yangon
    Thailand 2.5 weeks
    Bangkok, Lop Burri, Ko Pa Nang, Bangkok
    1 week emergency, for rained out days.
    This will be my first Independent solo trip, any help will be much appreciated.

Also, anyone had any experience with World Nomad insurence? recomended?
    thanks for your time

#1 Posted: 16/4/2007 - 18:44

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi withshoeson,

This is the kind of plan I like -- it's pretty general, with lots of broad strokes -- leaves you with a lot of wiggle room to see just where the travels takes you.

My only suggestions would be to consider trying to fit Sapa into your northern Vietnam part and if you wanted, with two and a half weeks you could see more of Thailand if you wanted -- Sangkhlaburi is a great, really sleepy spot that would be a great way to fill three days.

Regarding World Nomads, I've used them on many occasions (actually just bought a policy for my mother-in-law with them!) and I've no complaints. I've not ever had to make a claim though.

#2 Posted: 16/4/2007 - 20:24

• withshoeson

Joined Travelfish
    31st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

thanks for you recomendation! i will definately add Sangkhlaburi to the list, sounds like my kind of place. i think i will leave it to the end, that way the emergency days i dont use, i can use there.

thanks again.

#3 Posted: 17/4/2007 - 16:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.