Southeast Asia forum

8 Weeks in SE Asia - Okay Itinerary?

• beamodisett

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip right now to visit a friend in Myanmar and I want to visit other countries as well. Below is a dream itinerary that hits all the points I want to see, can you let me know if this is way too much? I have two months...

Fly into Bangkok and spend a day or two adjusting, then spend 10 days in Myanmar before flying back to Bangkok to make my way via Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong where I'd like to get the slow boat to Luang Prabang. I'd make my way south via Vang Vien and Vientiane . All by ground except between Bangkok and Yangon. I would then fly from Vientiane to Hanoi and visit Ha Long Bay. Then I would either take a train to Hue and Hoi An -OR- cut out Hue and Hoi An and fly from Hanoi to HCMC to visit Phnom Penh and Siem Reap before flying back to Bangkok and then home.

Thanks in advance for help! I actually don't mind ground transport, and did a lot of rough ground travel in Africa, so that doesn't bother me, but I don't want to be on transport every day.

#1 Posted: 26/7/2012 - 14:41

• Advertisement

• georgerobin-
    son

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2012

You can have it managed when considering the duration of two months, though you have to make some adjustments in between.

#2 Posted: 17/8/2012 - 04:12

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

How about spending longer in Myanmar and cutting one or two countries?

For example, Cambodia. If you go to Bagan in Myanmar then you will not "need" to see Angkor as much. And PP is just another capital city (nice, but nothing special IMO). I would consider cutting Vietnam as well (just for logistics). It's a great place but 3 weeks in three countries (Laos, Thailand and Myanmar) seems nicer and more relaxing and cheaper.

#3 Posted: 17/8/2012 - 04:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
10 weeks in SE Asia - itinerary help ... By purplek on 3 May 2010 0 1951 3 May 2010
6 weeks SE asia - review trip itinerary please :o) ... By leones707 on 11 May 2010 0 2235 11 May 2010
5 Weeks in SE Asia with a 4 yr old - advice/thoughts on itinerary please! ... By ZPeppiatt on 12 Apr 2010 9 3685 24 Apr 2010
6 weeks in SE Asia - Itinerary advice for a rookie plse :-) ... By simons104 on 21 Oct 2009 3 4724 21 Oct 2009